We recognise the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used.
1. Collection of personal information
- 1.1 We collect personal information from customers (existing and prospective), suppliers and other individuals for various business purposes further listed in section 2.2 below. In this section, we explain the types of personal information which we usually collect as well as how we collect this information.
- 1.2 The types of personal information we will collect from you will depend on the circumstances in which that information is collected. It may include, without limitation:
- (a) contact details (i.e. your name, address, email, phone and facsimile details);
- (b) information required for you to do business with us including bank account details, information obtained through credit checks and any other relevant financial information; and
- (c) information about your prior dealings with us, including past product purchases and warranty claims.
- 1.3 We usually collect personal information through means including without limitation:
- (a) due diligence questionnaires;
- (b) warranty cards and claims;
- (c) orders for products or services; and
- (d) provision of customer service and support.
- 1.4 If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection, such as to supply products or services to you or to determine whether you are eligible for certain warranty services.
- 1.5 Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else (for example from someone who supplies goods or services to us), we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
2. Use and disclosure of personal information
- 2.2 Our main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are the following:
- (a) to evaluate proposed and/or existing contractual relationships with individuals or entities;
- (b) to assess and process warranty claims, including determining eligibility for warranty services;
- (c) to supply products or services to our customers or make improvements to our products or services;
- (d) to obtain products and services from our suppliers; and
- (e) to respond to enquiries from existing or prospective customers seeking information about our products or services.
- 2.3 We generally explain at the time we collect personal information how we will use or disclose that information. We will only use or disclose personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected or a related purpose if you have consented to such different use or disclosure or such use or disclosure is otherwise allowed by the Privacy Laws.
- 2.4 In carrying out our business, it may be necessary to share information about you with and between our related bodies corporate and organisations that provide services to us (eg, our alliance partners). We would not otherwise routinely disclose personal information to another organisation unless:
- (a) required by law;
- (b) we believe it is necessary to provide you with a product or service which you have requested (including to fulfil our obligations in relation to product warranties);
- (c) it is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any of our customers, any member of the public or our interests;
- (d) the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern; or
- (e) you have provided your consent.
3. Service providers
- 3.1 Like most large organisations, we use a range of service providers to help us maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of Custom Controlswill sometimes have access to personal information held by us and may use it on behalf of us. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
4. Disclosure of information outside the jurisdiction of collection
- 4.1 In the conduct of our business, we may hold, disclose or transfer personal information outside of the jurisdiction from which it was collected, including to third party service providers, in various countries including New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, United States and Philippines, for purposes including handling product warranties and providing customer service. The privacy laws of those countries may not provide the same level of protection as the privacy laws of the country from which the personal information was collected. However, this does not change our commitment to safeguard your privacy and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to the cross-border data disclosure.
5. Direct marketing
- 5.1 Like most businesses marketing is important to our business' success. We therefore, from time to time, send marketing materials to current or prospective customers. We only do so in accordance with applicable laws or with your prior consent.
- 5.2 If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please use the unsubscribe facilities included in our marketing communications or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. With your request, including sufficient details to enable Custom Controlsto action your request.
6. Our website privacy practices
- 6.1 We sometimes use cookie technology on our websites to provide information and services to web site visitors. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. Cookies are useful to determine overall traffic patterns through our websites.
7. Links to other websites
8. Employee information
9. Accessing and correcting the information we keep about you
- 9.1 If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you are welcome to request access to your record by contacting the business unit of Custom Controls which you believe possesses your personal information or if not known, Custom Controls’ at email@example.com.When contacting us, you shall specify your name, your company, the Custom Controls business unit which you believe possesses your personal information and any other information that may help us process your request effectively. Our file of your information will usually be made available to you within  days.
- 9.2 If at any time you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact the business unit of Custom Controls which you believe possesses your personal data or if not known, Custom Controls’ at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons. When contacting us, please specify your name, your company, the Custom Controls business unit which you believe possesses your personal information and any other information that may help us process your request effectively.
10. Storage and security of your personal information
- 10. 1 We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate, up to date and complete. For instance, in the case of information collected using warranty cards, once that information is transferred to a secure database, we will destroy the warranty card promptly thereafter. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
11. Retention of information
- 11.1 When we no longer need to use your information, we will take steps to properly and permanently de-identify or destroy it.
12. Contacting Us
- 12.1 If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact us: email@example.com .
- 12.2 the written complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
13. Future changes